Central Library offers two locations in which to reserve meeting space. If you are looking for space in a branch, please view available locations once you log into our meeting room manager platform. Patrons will need an Adult library card to make the reservation.
Sorry, no eating is allowed inside the meeting rooms. Masks are encouraged within BPL locations, including in meeting rooms, for the health and safety of our patrons and staff.
Information Commons – 1st floor:
- Recording Studio: Occupancy 5
- Meeting Room 2: Occupancy 6
- Meeting Room 3: Occupancy 6
- Meeting Room 4: Occupancy 8 *As of August 2022 the flatscreen is not functioning
- Meeting Room 5: Occupancy 7
- Meeting Room 6: Occupancy 6
- Meeting Room 7: Occupancy 8
Business and Career Center – 2nd floor:
- Booth 1: Occupancy 2
- Booth 2: Occupancy 2
- Booth 3: Occupancy 2
- Booth 4: Occupancy 2
- Booth 5: Occupancy 2
- Booth 6: Occupancy 2
- Meeting Room 7: Occupancy 6
- Meeting Room 8: Occupancy 6
- Meeting Room 9: Occupancy 6
- Meeting Room 10: Occupancy 6
Meeting Room Policies
- Everyone using the meeting rooms must adhere to the Public Behavior in the Library Policy and the Public Use of Meeting Rooms Policy. Library meeting rooms may NOT be used for:
- Commercial purposes, solicitation of business, or non-BPL fundraising. Examples of "commercial" activity include: Advertising or selling products, memberships, or services
- Charging a fee for entry, either in advance or at the meeting
- Asking for donations
- Asking attendees to provide contact information to later use for advertising/soliciting
- Political campaigning on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidate for elected public office.
- Any illegal or potentially hazardous activity.
- You must have an active Adult BPL library card in order to reserve a meeting room. Get a library card here.
- Eating is not permitted in meeting rooms.
- The meeting rooms are not completely soundproof. Please do not speak or use electronic devices at a volume that disturbs other patrons.
- Failure to follow policies, and/or damaging furniture or equipment will lead to penalties up to and including fines or suspension of cardholder privileges.
- The Library is not responsible for any valuables left unattended in the meeting rooms.
- Use of the meeting rooms does not reflect the library’s endorsement of any particular program, position, or purpose of any person or organization. Meeting room users may not create public announcements, fliers or other materials implying that the library has endorsed any meeting room use, unless all parties have made a formal collaboration agreement in advance. Please do not put up any signage in the meeting room windows.
- The Library reserves the right to change meeting room use policies without notice.
Meeting Room Guidelines
- Reservations may be made either online or in person at any service desk, using your barcode and PIN.
- Rooms can be reserved in 15-minute increments. The maximum session length for all standard meeting rooms is two hours.
- Sessions may be scheduled to begin as early as 15 minutes after Central Library opens. The last sessions of the day must end by 15 minutes before Central Library closes. The last reservation for the Info Commons recording studio must end no later than a half hour before closing. Central Library hours can be found here.
- Each cardholder can make up to two advance reservations per calendar month. Meeting room use counts as a reservation even if it's for less than the maximum session length. If you've already used your two reservations in a given month—whether those reservations had been made in advance or on the spot—you may make additional walk-in reservations for up to an hour if a room is available at that time, at the discretion of staff.
- Reservations may be scheduled up to 28 days in advance.
- Reservations are released if unclaimed within 15 minutes of scheduled start time, but "no-shows" still count towards the reservation quota.
- Please delete your reservation ahead of time if necessary. Cancelations can be done through the room reservation system or in person at any service desk.
- Please begin to wind down your meeting and clean up five minutes before your session officially ends.
- Special requests for longer sessions, more than two advance sessions in a month, or reservations more than a month in advance can be made by contacting the Library. Permission for such requests will be granted at the discretion of staff.