Windsor Terrace Library is a busy branch serving a diverse neighborhood that is home to many young families. Its story time programs are particularly popular, as are programs that serve a nearby school that does not have its own library.
Library service in Windsor Terrace began in 1922 with a 3,000-book collection housed in a local pharmacy. A later library was created in a pair of abandoned streetcars. The neighborhood finally saw a proper branch in 1969, with the opening of the the 7,000-square-foot Windsor Terrace Library at East 5th Street and Fort Hamilton Parkway.