Looking for a job or making a career change can be a stressful experience, but you don’t have to go through the process alone. Business & Career librarians are here to steer you in the right direction.
What We Do
- Meet one-on-one with a trained librarian who can provide information on career-related topics, including resume, cover letter, interviewing and LinkedIn help.
- We provide Resume & Career Help multiple days a week at several branch locations. Please note that these days and times are subject to occasional changes. Call the branch go to our events calendar to confirm the times listed in the link above. This service does not require registration, but it is first-come, first-served.
- Regularly scheduled workshops include Interviewing Basics, LinkedIn Basics, and Upgrade Your Workplace Skills with Metrix Learning & Lynda.com. We also offer workshops on finding the right college, the financial aid process, and other career related topics.
- Go to our Events Calendar to see our upcoming career events and workshops
- Please contact us at 718.623.7000 to schedule a class visit or to find out more about our programs for students and job seekers.
- Librarians have created subject guides with lists of resources, websites, and organizations that can help you with your job search and career exploration. Check out our most up to date guides using the "Subject Guide" box on the right hand side of this page.
Events & Classes
- Career Development
- Finding a Job After 50