Looking for a job or making a career change can be a stressful experience, but you don’t have to go through the process alone. Business & Career librarians are here to steer you in the right direction.
What We Do
- Meet one-on-one with a trained librarian who can provide information on career-related topics, including resume, cover letter, interviewing and LinkedIn help.
- We provide Resume & Career Help multiple days a week at several branch locations. Please note that these days and times are subject to occasional changes. Call the branch go to our events calendar to confirm the times listed in the link above. This service does not require registration, but it is first-come, first-served.
- Regularly scheduled workshops include Interviewing Basics, LinkedIn Basics, and Upgrade Your Workplace Skills with Metrix Learning & Lynda.com. We also offer workshops on finding the right college, the financial aid process, and other career related topics.
- Go to our Events Calendar to see our upcoming career events and workshops
- Please contact us at 718.623.7000 to schedule a class visit or to find out more about our programs for students and job seekers.
- Librarians have created subject guides with lists of resources, websites, and organizations that can help you with your job search and career exploration. Check out our most up to date guides using the "Subject Guide" box on the right hand side of this page.
Events & Classes
Upgrade Your Workplace Skills with Lynda & Metrix Learning6:00 pm, Central Library, Info Commons Lab
Upgrade Your Workplace Skills with Lynda & Metrix Learning2:00 pm, Central Library, Info Commons Lab
- Job Search: Resumes & More
- Exploring College and Financial Aid
- Finding a Job After 50
How to say it on your resume : a top recruiting director's guide to writing the perfect resume for every jobKarsh, Brad.
The resume and cover letter phrase book : what to write to get the job that's right : plus 50 phrases you should never use!Schuman, Nancy.
Creating your first resume : a step-by-step guide to write your first competitive resumeTroutman, Kathryn K.
The everything job interview book : all you need to stand out in today's competitive job marketGrensing-Pophal, Lin, 1959-
The essential job interview handbook : a quick and handy resource for every job seekerBaur, Jean, 1946-
LinkedIn in 30 minutes : how to create a rock-solid LinkedIn profile and build connections that matterRose, Angela.
Knock 'em dead cover letters : cover letters and strategies to get the job you wantYate, Martin John.
The complete guide to paying for college : save money, cut costs, and get more for your education dollarIngram, Leah
Conquering the college admissions essay in 10 easy steps : crafting a winning personal statementGelb, Alan.
The ultimate guide to America's best colleges 2018 : detailed profiles on academics, student life, campus vibe, athletics, admissions, scholarships, and financial aidTanabe, Gen S.
Admission possible : the "dare to be yourself" guide for getting into the best colleges for youShaevitz, Marjorie Hansen.
Colleges that create futures : 50 schools that launch careers by going beyond the classroomFranek, Robert.