Looking for a job or making a career change can be a stressful experience, but you don’t have to go through the process alone. Business & Career librarians are here to steer you in the right direction.
What We Do
- Meet one-on-one with a trained librarian who can provide information on career-related topics, including resume, cover letter, interviewing and LinkedIn help.
- We provide Resume & Career Help multiple days a week at several branch locations. Please note that these days and times are subject to occasional changes. Call the branch go to our events calendar to confirm the times listed in the link above. This service does not require registration, but it is first-come, first-served.
- Regularly scheduled workshops include Interviewing Basics, LinkedIn Basics, and Upgrade Your Workplace Skills with Metrix Learning & Lynda.com. We also offer workshops on finding the right college, the financial aid process, and other career related topics.
- Go to our Events Calendar to see our upcoming career events and workshops
- Please contact us at 718.623.7000 to schedule a class visit or to find out more about our programs for students and job seekers.
- Librarians have created subject guides with lists of resources, websites, and organizations that can help you with your job search and career exploration. Check out our most up to date guides using the "Subject Guide" box on the right hand side of this page.
Events & Classes
- Creative Careers
- Paying for College
- Ace Your College Application
- Finding a Job After 50
Make art, make money : lessons from Jim Henson on fueling your creative careerStevens, Elizabeth Hyde
The artist's compass : the complete guide to building a life and a living in the performing artsMoore, Rachel, 1964-
Monetizing entertainment : an insider's handbook for careers in the entertainment & music industryWacholtz, Larry E.
College without student loans : attend your ideal college & make it affordable regardless of your incomeSmith, Dave.
1001 ways to pay for college : strategies to maximize financial aid, scholarships and grantsTanabe, Gen S.
The ultimate guide to America's best colleges 2018 : detailed profiles on academics, student life, campus vibe, athletics, admissions, scholarships, and financial aidTanabe, Gen S.
The scholarship & financial aid solution: how to go to college for next to nothing with short cuts, tricks and tips from start to finish revisedLipphardt, Debra, 1954-
Plan and finance your family's college dreams : a parent's step-by-step guide from pre-k to senior yearHupalo, John A.
The financial aid handbook : getting the education you want for the price you can affordStack, Carol.
The complete guide to paying for college : save money, cut costs, and get more for your education dollarIngram, Leah
Admission possible : the "dare to be yourself" guide for getting into the best colleges for youShaevitz, Marjorie Hansen.
Conquering the college admissions essay in 10 easy steps : crafting a winning personal statementGelb, Alan.
The secrets of picking a college (and getting in!) : over 600 tips, techniques, and strategies revealedJacobs, Lynn F., 1955-
Admission matters : what students and parents need to know about getting into collegeSpringer, Sally P., 1947-
50 successful Stanford application essays : includes advice from Stanford admissions officers and the 25 essay mistakes that guarantee failureTanabe, Gen S.
College essay essentials : a step-by-step guide to writing a successful college admission essaySawyer, Ethan.
Don't retire, rewire! : 5 steps to fulfilling work that fuels your passion, suits your personality, and fills your pocketSedlar, Jeri
Great jobs for everyone 50+ : finding work that keeps you happy and healthy-- and pays the billsHannon, Kerry