Brooklyn Public Library is one of the nation’s largest library systems and among New York City’s most democratic institutions.
We offer thousands of free programs every day for people from all walks of life—immigrants learning a new language, aspiring entrepreneurs launching their dreams, children discovering the world, people of all ages exploring arts and culture. And we give patrons millions of opportunities to enjoy one of life’s greatest satisfactions: the discovery of a good book.
Now’s your chance to join the best team in Brooklyn!
Open Positions by Category
As the nation’s 6th largest public library system with a network of 61 neighborhood libraries, BPL is committed to providing the borough’s 2.7 million people quality services and a vibrant learning environment through outreach programs, educational workshops and youth services events.
We seek professionals dedicated to providing excellent customer service, developing fruitful partnerships in the community, and implementing programs aligned with our mission and vision. You will be immersed in a motivating and challenging environment where innovation is key to the organization. If you are looking to be a part of a stimulating workplace that is highly regarded by its culturally diverse community, BPL is the place to be.
We offer an excellent and comprehensive benefits plan including:
Healthcare & Insurance
- All new hires are eligible to enroll in Emblem Health HIP HMO Preferred Plan
- Dental and optical benefits
- Flexible Spending Account: for childcare and medical expenses
- Long Term Disability & Term Life Insurance
Retirement & Savings
- Participation in the New York State Local Retirement System (NYSLRS): where employees make a contribution of their gross salary, starting at 3% with a cap of 6%
- Several Tax Deferred Annuity Options: 457 plan (New York State Deferred Compensation) and 403b plans (TIAA-Cref and Valic)
- Minimum of 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
Other Benefit Highlights
- Pre-tax transit and parking benefits
- Education Assistance Program
- Discounts on gym memberships, electronics, rental cars, entertainment and more
Brooklyn Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.