Open Positions by Category
Not seeing anything that suits your skillset? You may also submit your resume for general consideration.
As the nation’s 6th largest public library system with a network of 60 neighborhood libraries, BPL is committed to providing the borough’s 2.6 million people quality services and a vibrant learning environment through outreach programs, educational workshops and youth services events.
We seek professionals dedicated to providing excellent customer service, developing fruitful partnerships in the community, and implementing programs aligned with our mission and vision. You will be immersed in a motivating and challenging environment where innovation is key to the organization. If you are looking to be a part of a stimulating workplace that is highly regarded by its culturally diverse community, BPL is the place to be.
We offer an excellent and comprehensive benefits plan including:
Healthcare & Insurance
- NYC Health Benefit Plan: All new hires will be enrolled in the Emblem Health HIP HMO Preferred Plan. After one year of employment, employees can elect to change their health plan and will have the option to select from different providers.
- Dental and optical benefits
- Flexible Spending Account: for childcare and medical expenses
- Long Term Disability & Term Life Insurance
Retirement & Savings
- Participation in the New York State Local Retirement System (NYSLRS): where employees make a contribution of their gross salary, starting at 3% with a cap of 6%
- Several Tax Deferred Annuity Options: 457 plan (New York State Deferred Compensation) and 403b plans (TIAA-Cref and Valic)
- Minimum of 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
Other Benefit Highlights
- Pre-tax transit and parking benefits
- Education Assistance Program
- Discounts on gym memberships, electronics, rental cars, entertainment and more
Brooklyn Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.