As the nation's 5th largest public library system with a network of 60 neighborhood libraries, BPL is committed to providing the borough's 2.5 million people quality services and a vibrant learning environment through outreach programs, educational workshops, and youth services events.
We seek professionals dedicated to providing excellent customer service, developing fruitful partnerships in the community, and implementing programs aligned with our mission and vision. You will be immersed in a motivating and challenging environment where innovation is key to the organization. If you are looking to be a part of a stimulating workplace that is highly regarded by its culturally diverse community, BPL is the place to be.
We offer an excellent and comprehensive benefits plan including:
- a variety of health plans such as GHI/Blue Cross and HMOs. The Library pays 80% to 100% of cost of health insurance (depending on your choice). We also provide great dental and optical benefits.
- minimum 3 weeks annual leave
- participation in the New York State and Local Retirement System (NYSLRS) where employees make a contribution of their gross salary, starting at 3% with a cap of 6%
- Education Assistance Program for full-time active employees who are interested in continuing their education
Other benefit highlights:
Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, Relocation Allowance (if qualified), ETRAC, US Saving Bonds and other tax-deferred programs.
- Afterschool Educator - Spring 2017
- Bookmobile Operator
- Garden Educator – Spring/Fall 2017 (Park Slope Branch)
- Junior Library Custodian
- Literacy Advisor
- Neighborhood Library Supervisor- Clarendon
- Outreach Associate
- Part Time Intern - Ezra Jack Keats Bookmaking Competition
- Passport Acceptance Agent (Part-Time)
- Pre-HSE Teacher (Part Time)
- Special Officer