Effective April 12, 2021, we will reopen the Central Passport Office on an appointment only basis (with a valid email address). Our hours of operation will be Monday from 10am-3pm, Tuesday from 12pm-5pm and Wednesday from 10am-3pm only.
Customers can apply for a U.S. passport and/or passport card at Central Library, which is an officially-designated passport application acceptance facility.
At this time we are an appointment- based facility only. All of the information needed to process your application is listed on the application and travel.state.gov, passport section. If you are missing anything at the time of processing, you will have to come back when you are properly equipped to complete the process.
Appointments are only scheduled in half-hour increments, with a limit of four applications per appointment. If you are more than 5 minutes late to the appointment, and/or all persons required for the application process with the required paperwork are missing, you will forfeit your appointment and will have to reschedule for a later time.
YOU MUST RECEIVE AN APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION TO BE SEEN AT OUR OFFICE.
Appointments can only be completed by creating a reservation through this link and a valid email address is required to make an appointment.
You must apply in person if any of the following are true:
- You have never been issued a U.S. passport or
- You were under age 16 when your previous passport was issued or
- Your most recent U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago or
- Your most recent U.S. passport was lost or stolen or
- Your name has changed since your previous U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change
How To Apply
STEP 1: Complete and Print Form
Please visit the passport section at travel.state.gov for the application. DS 11 must be filled out completely in black ink in order for your documents to be reviewedplease do not sign the DS-11 form until the Passport Agent instructs you to do so.
STEP 2: Submit Completed Form + Additional Documents
Submit your completed application form and the following additional documents.
(For applicants 17 years old or younger, you must provide a birth certificate in addition to one of the following.)
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship: go to travel.state.gov for all acceptable forms of citizenship.
- Proof of Identity: go to travel.state.gov for all acceptable forms of identification.
Note: The ID cannot be damaged and must readily identify you.
- Photograph: go to travel.state.gov for details on the photograph.
BPL offers photo services during passport center hours for a fee (see below).
For additional acceptable materials, please visit travel.state.gov.
STEP 3: Pay the Applicable Fees
TWO payments are required: One made payable to the U.S. DEPT OF STATE and one made payable to Brooklyn Public Library. Fee must be correct in order to be seen; see the State Department's website for more information about the correct fee schedule.
Payment to Brooklyn Public Library
|Execution Fee (required):||$35 for each application form|
|Photo Fee (optional):||$18 for two photos of the same customer|
Payment to the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE must be in the form of personal checks or money orders (no start checks accepted).
Payment to Brooklyn Public Library can be in the form of money orders, postal money orders, and credit/debit cards; payment made by debit or credit card will appear as Brooklyn Public Library (BPL) on your statement. We do not accept American Express at this time.
You may combine payments to the Library in one money order if there is more than one application.
Cash is not accepted.
We are no longer a walk-in facility and you must receive an appointment confirmation or you will not be allowed entry to the passport office.
Due to COVID-19 precautions and restrictions, there is an extremely limited amount of appointments that will be allowed. Please provide an accurate and updated contact number and email address to the appointment system so that we can contact you for confirmation, or updates to appointments.
Please note the following:
- You must get a confirmation email that confirms your appointment. If you do not receive an email then your appointment was not confirmed and you will not be allowed inside. You can call the office during operation times listed above to check and confirm your appointment .
- Applications must be filled out prior to coming to the office and CANNOT be filled-out during your appointment slot or you forfeit your appointment.
- Copies should be made prior as well as bringing your originals to the office
If you have any questions you can call the office 718-230-2292.