From environmental issues and education to chemistry and cooking, the Society, Sciences, and Technology (SST) Division holds one of the largest and most diverse topic collections in the Library. As Central Library has been designated as a selective Federal Depository, SST also holds a collection of Government publications, including New York City and New York State administrative documents and charters. We also house Federal documentation, such as population & Housing Census reports, Congressional Records and IRS publications.
You can find other materials and resources such as:
- Archived Government publications on microfiche, including selected congressional bills, resolutions and committee hearings, as well as statistical information and data that can be requested through SST staff in and viewed using the Microfiche reader in the Popular Library division.
- Statistical information and data on current issues.
- A collection of legal documentation, including Annotated Statutes from the New York State Consolidated Law Service, United States Code Congressional and Administrative News (including Legislative Histories), U.S Code Service, and United States Supreme Court Reports.
- Print and online access to The Foundation Center’s Cooperating Collection, which lists grant information for both individuals and institutions. The online database can only be accessed on the SST computers in the public workstations.
- Easy access to selected government websites via bookmarked icons on SST’s public workstations, including Census.gov(Census Bureau), Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion(CDC), Crime in the United States (FBI) and the World FactBook (CIA).
- The Story of Philosophy
- On The Front Lines
- Spicy Cookbooks