From environmental issues and education to chemistry and cooking, the Society, Sciences, and Technology (SST) Division holds one of the largest and most diverse topic collections in the Central Library. We are a Selective Federal Depository; SST holds a collection of Congressional Hearings and other Government publications; New York City and New York State laws.
You can find other materials and resources such as:
- Rules of the City of New York, New York City Charter and Administrative code, New York State Consolidated Laws, United States Code, and United States Supreme Court Decisions
- New Americans Corner with citizenship material and information flyers
- Statistical information and data on current issues
- We provide access to The Foundation Center’s Directory and Grants to Individuals. These resources list grant information for both individuals and institutions. The online databases can only be accessed on the SST computers in the public workstations.
During tax season, we have a limited selection of federal and state forms that usually arrive in early February. We will print 1 copy of any number of tax forms for the current year for free. We do not print instructions or previous years (before 2015). For more information on the BPL tax assistance programs held at Central and the branch libraries, please see this page:
Free Tax Help at BPL
We have created several resource lists of helpful websites.
Calling all gardeners! Thanks to generous donations, Central Library has a variety of flower, fruit and vegetable seed packets available for free at the SST reference desk. Visit the Seed Library webpage to learn more.
- NYC Novels
- Brooklyn History & Memoirs