Known as the "Prospect branch" until 1975, Park Slope Library's founding dates to a small collection of natural history books housed in Prospect Park's Litchfield Mansion in the early 20th century. A storefront library soon opened on Ninth Street until the beautiful Andrew Carnegie-funded building opened at its current location in 1906. The inside of the branch is a marvel of early twentieth-century elegance, with stained glass archways, freestanding columns, a vaulted, stained glass ceiling and a pair of tiled fireplaces.
- October 2018 Staff Picks
- Summer Reading 2018!