In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have transitioned our in-person classes to an online format. Online classes are fully online with live virtual class meetings each week using Zoom and Google Classroom. There's still time to register for the next cycle, click here: bit.ly/virtual-hse.
Summer Cycle: July 11 - Aug. 27 (registration June 6 - July 1)
Fall Cycle: Sept. 26 - Dec. 10 (registration Aug. 1 - Sept. 10)
Winter Cycle: Jan. 9 - March 25 (registration Nov. 7 - Dec. 31)
Spring Cycle: April 10 - June 24 (registration Feb. 20- March 31)
ABE/HSE CLASS SCHEDULES:
Mornings: Monday/Wednesday 10AM-12:30PM
Evenings: Tuesday/Thursday 6PM-8:30PM
Weekends: Saturdays 10AM-2PM
FAST TRACK CLASS SCHEDULES: (only need 1-2 subjects to earn your diploma)
Mondays 10AM-12:30PM - Math
Tuesdays 6PM-8:30PM - Math
Tuesdays 6PM-8:30PM - Social Studies
Wednesdays 6PM - 8:30PM - Math
Thursdays 6PM - 8:30PM - Science
Thursdays 6PM - 8:30PM - Reading/Writing
Saturdays 10AM-12:30PM - Math (in-person at Eastern Parkway Library)
SPANISH HSE CLASS SCHEDULES:
Tues./Thurs. 6PM - 8:30 PM & Saturdays 10AM - 2PM
CASE MANAGEMENT/SUPPORT SERVICES:
If you need help connecting to social services such as childcare referrals, housing assistance, learn how to connect with employment opportunities, navigate college and training programs, and more, we can assist you! We're offering free one-on-one in-person social services sessions (case management).
Click here to sign up now. Once you schedule your appointment, you will receive information regarding your in-person appointment via email.
Our Adult Learning programs provide adult learners with opportunities to increase basic skills in reading, writing, and math, prepare for HSE testing, taking the GED exam or enroll in NEDP, learn English, increase civic engagement and develop the skills to transition to further education and jobs.
- Adult Basic Education: Learn to Read programs and classes for beginning to advanced level adult readers emphasize basic skills and language competency; classes are self-directed.
- Pre-High School Equivalency (Pre-HSE): Provides preparation classes for adults who speak English and want to improve their reading and math skills in preparation for their HSE exam.
- High School Equivalency (HSE): Earn your high school equivalency (HSE) diploma two ways—take the GED exam or enroll in NEDP.
- Fast Track HSE Classes: Brush up on your skills to take the GED exam. (only for those who need to pass 1-2 subjects on the GED exam).
- Take the HSE (GED) exam in English or Spanish.
- Earn your HSE diploma via the NEDP Pathway.
- Enroll in Integrated Education & Training classes to earn a nationally recognized certification in Medical Billing, Medical Assisting or NYC Food Handler.
- Meet with a case manager to help you achieve your goals.
- College & Career Access: Assistance in planning for the future.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): Including English conversation practice groups, business English classes and literacy classes for all reading levels.
- Business & Career Services: Information on career planning, job searches, personal finance and more.
Bard Microcollege at Brooklyn Public Library: Building on Bard Prison Initiative’s values and success, the Bard Microcollege brings high-quality, full-scholarship, liberal arts education to those communities most often excluded from the university experience.