We can help you connect to social services such as childcare referrals, housing assistance, connect to employment opportunities, navigate college and training programs, and much more. We offer free one-on-one virtual social services sessions (case management). Click here to contact a case manager.
In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have transitioned all of our winter in-person classes to an online or hybrid format. Hybrid classes are fully online with live virtual class meetings each week using Zoom. Online classes will have pre-recorded lessons each week and guided assignments from the teacher. There's still time to register, click here: bit.ly/virtual-hse.
If you need help connecting to social services such as childcare referrals, housing assistance, learn how to connect with employment opportunities, navigate college and training programs, and more, we can assist you! We're offering free one-on-one virtual social services sessions (case management).
Click here to sign up now.
|MB||Mondays 5-8:30pm, Tuesdays & Thursdays 5-7pm, Wednesdays 5-6:30pm|
|JK||Any weekdays after 6 pm|
|JC||Saturdays 12-2 pm|
|RH||Saturdays & Sundays 2-5 pm|
|WJ||Mondays/Wednesdays 12-3pm, Tuesdays/Fridays, Thursdays after 6pm|
|IZ||Saturdays 1-3 pm|
|JZ||Wednesdays/Thursdays/Fridays in the morning|
Our Adult Learning programs provide adult learners with opportunities to increase basic skills in reading, writing, and math, prepare for HSE testing, taking the TASC test or enroll in NEDP, learn English, increase civic engagement and develop the skills to transition to further education and jobs.
- Adult Basic Education: Learn to Read programs and classes for beginning to advanced level adult readers emphasize basic skills and language competency; classes are self-directed.
- Pre-High School Equivalency (Pre-HSE): Provides preparation classes for adults who speak English and want to improve their reading and math skills in preparation for their HSE exam.
- High School Equivalency (HSE): Earn your high school equivalency (HSE) diploma two ways—take the TASC exam or enroll in NEDP.
- College & Career Access: Assistance in planning for the future
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): Including English conversation practice groups, business English classes and literacy classes for all reading levels
- Business & Career Services: Information on career planning, job searches, personal finance and more
Bard Microcollege at Brooklyn Public Library: Building on Bard Prison Initiative’s values and success, the Bard Microcollege brings high-quality, full-scholarship, liberal arts education to those communities most often excluded from the university experience.