Six meeting rooms in the Info Commons can be reserved free for group projects and discussions. Meeting rooms are for group use. Individuals may occupy the rooms alone at the discretion of Info Commons staff. Each room includes a flatscreen that can be connected to your laptop, enabling presentations, webinars, or videoconferences. Meeting Room 1 serves as a recording studio, where visitors can work on podcasts, videos, or other multimedia projects. Book a room.
Sorry, no food is allowed anywhere in the Info Commons, including inside the meeting rooms.
- Recording Studio: An amateur studio, featuring an iMac with audio/video recording equipment. Occupancy: 1-5.
- Meeting Room 2: Features a flatscreen for laptop connection. Occupancy: 2-10.
- Meeting Room 3: As of Sept 2017, flatscreen is damaged and not functioning correctly. Occupancy: 2-10.
- Meeting Room 4: Features a flatscreen for laptop connection. Occupancy: 2-15.
- Meeting Room 5: Features a flatscreen for laptop connection. Occupancy: 2-10.
- Meeting Room 6: Features a flatscreen for laptop connection. Occupancy: 2-10.
- Meeting Room 7: Features a flatscreen for laptop connection. Occupancy: 2-12.
Meeting Room Policies
- Everyone using the meeting rooms must adhere to the Public Behavior in the Library Policy and the Public Use of Meeting Rooms Policy. Library meeting rooms may NOT be used for:
- Commercial purposes, solicitation of business, or non-BPL fundraising.
- Political campaigning on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidate for elected public office.
- Any illegal or potentially hazardous activity.
- You must have an active Adult BPL library card in order to reserve a meeting room. Get a library card here.
- At least one person using the recording studio must be 17 or older, have an active BPL library card and leave a valid state-issued ID at the Info Commons reference desk for the duration of the session. The studio reservation must be in the name of the ID holder.
- Meeting rooms are for group use, based on the set minimum/maximum occupancy size. Individuals may occupy the rooms alone at the discretion of Info Commons staff.
- The recording studio is to be used only if you are working on a project requiring use of the specialized equipment there (e.g. camera, microphone, editing software). If not, your reservation may be canceled and you may be asked to find another space.
- The last recording studio session of each day must end 30 minutes before the library closes.
- Food is not permitted anywhere in the Info Commons, including in meeting rooms.
- The meeting rooms are not completely soundproof. Please do not speak or use electronic devices at a volume that disturbs other patrons.
- Failure to keep meeting rooms clean and/or damaging furniture or equipment will lead to penalties up to and including fines or suspension of cardholder privileges.
- The Library is not responsible for any valuables left unattended in the meeting rooms.
- Use of the meeting rooms does not reflect the Library’s endorsement of any particular program, position, or purpose of any person or organization. Meeting room users may not create public announcements, fliers or other materials implying that the Library has endorsed any meeting room use, unless all parties have made a formal collaboration agreement in advance. Please do not put up any signage in the meeting room windows.
- The Library reserves the right to change meeting room use policies without notice.
Meeting Room Guidelines
- Reservations may be made either online or in person at the Info Commons service desk, using your barcode and PIN.
- Rooms can be reserved in 30-minute increments. The maximum session length for all standard meeting rooms is two hours. The maximum session length for the recording studio is three hours.
- Sessions may be scheduled to begin as early as 30 minutes after Central Library opens. The last sessions of the day must end by 30 minutes before Central Library closes. Central Library hours can be found here.
- Each cardholder can make up to two advance reservations per calendar month. Meeting room use counts as a reservation even if it's for less than the maximum session length. If you've already used your two reservations in a given month—whether those reservations had been made in advance or on the spot—you may make additional walk-in reservations if a room is available at that time, at the discretion of Info Commons staff.
- Reservations may be scheduled up to 28 days in advance.
- Reservations are nullified if unclaimed within 10 minutes of scheduled start time.
- Please cancel your reservation ahead of time if necessary. Cancelations can be done through the room reservation system or in person at the Info Commons service desk.
- Please begin to wind down your meeting and clean up five minutes before your session officially ends.
- Special requests for longer sessions, more than two advance sessions in a month, or reservations more than a month in advance can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Permission for such requests will be granted at the discretion of Info Commons staff.