The Library Laptop and Hotspot Loan Program provides relief to millions of patrons and will close the Homework Gap for students who currently lack necessary internet access or the devices they need to connect to classrooms.
This program is made possible by the Emergency Connectivity Fund Program. If eligible, students, school staff and library patrons, can participate in the program. Please visit one of the participating locations to borrow a laptop and hotspot while supplies last.
In order to be eligible to participate in this program, the borrower or guardian must:
- Need strong internet service at home
- Need an electronic device that can meet the educational needs at home
- Have a library card and valid identification card. Patron must be at least 18 years old, or an emancipated minor
- Register and attend an orientation session at one of our participating locations
- Agree to participate in surveys and other evaluations that will help BPL determine the merits of the program
- Agree to the program conditions listed on the online Library HotSpot registration form
To register for an informational orientation session, click here.
We highly recommend attending the orientation session with a Gmail account. If you do not have a Gmail account, a staff member can assist you with creating one.
If you need help affording broadband services and devices, all eligible households can participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program. To learn more about the program, click here.