To maintain the safety of our patrons and staff during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Brooklyn Public Library is offering limited in-branch computer sessions. These services will be available to patrons with an active Brooklyn Public Library (BPL) library card or eCard. Computer users will only be allowed a total of two sessions per day for up to 30 minutes long.
Visit the TechKnowledge page to learn more about our technology services and programs.
Simply visit any one of BPL's branches offering expanded services, and please have your active library card ready.
Reserving a computer session:
- Swipe your active library card or enter your library card number at the computer reservation station.
- The queue monitor will alert you of your place in line for a session.
- If needed, visit the Customer Service desk where staff will assist you.
Logging in to the computer:
- You may only log in to your assigned computer at the start of your scheduled session time.
- You will need your library card number and pin to log in.
- Computer sessions are up to 30 minutes long. There are no extensions allowed.
- All sessions end 15 minutes before closing time.
- If you need help, check the quick guides available at the branch. If you cannot find your answer in the quick guide, you may ask a staff. Additionally, a link to BPL's virtual chat help service is available on every PC desktop.
- While staff assists you at a computer, you must keep a safe social distance.
- Please follow all posted signs and instructions from staff when using the public computers.