Business & Career Services and resources are now available at the Central Library at 10 Grand Army Plaza! Please visit the new Business & Career Center on the second floor to find books, eResources, assistance and more. The Center is open all regular Central Library hours.
Our Space at the Central Library
The Business & Career Center has the largest collection of books and materials on business, career, test prep, finance, and college planning in the Brooklyn Public Library, and librarians that are trained to help you with these questions. We also have a semi-private meeting room that can be reserved with your library card, and laptops that can be used for business and career related purposes.
- Books on all topics related to starting or growing a business
- Books on personal finance, credit, and investing
- Books on resume and cover letter writing, interviewing techniques, and choosing or changing your career
- Test preparation books for college and graduate school admission exams, civil service exams, and other occupational exams
- Books on choosing the right school or major for you, preparing for college or graduate school, and looking for scholarships
- Financial Newsletters with investment advice, the leading business newspapers, and trade magazines covering a variety of industries
- Specialized online resources with authoritative business and financial information
- The meeting space is NOT a fully private space because it is only partially enclosed
- It has a television display that can connect to a laptop
- It can be reserved for 2-hour intervals up to twice a month with your library card and PIN
- If you have used your two reservations for the month, you may book the room for a single session of up to 2 hours on any given day by speaking to a Business & Career Librarian
- Click here to reserve the meeting space
- The Business & Career Center has a limited number of laptops that can be used in the Business & Career Center for up to 4 hours for business development, financial research, and job seeking purposes.
- You must have an up-to-date BPL library card
- Read through our laptop loan policies