Customer Service is an integral part of Brooklyn Public Library's service to Brooklyn's diverse population.
During interactions with library staff, customers can expect to:
- Be acknowledged appropriately
- Be treated courteously and respectfully
- Be valued for their input
- Receive the same high standard of service regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, physical limitations, or any other criteria
- Receive prompt and timely service
- Receive knowledgeable service and professionalism from all staff
- Have open access to traditional and innovative resources and instruction in their use
- Have their privacy and confidentiality respected, and
- Have responsive, community-oriented service
- The library endorses high standards of customer service and supports it through a plan of employee trainings, leadership development and opportunities for customer input.
Approved by Board of Trustees: June 21, 2005