The ConnectED Library Hotspot Loan Program is a collaborative program by New York Public Library, Brooklyn Public Library, Queens Public Library and the New York City Department of Education to provide thousands of NYC K-12 students with free Internet access for the entire school year.
This program addresses the needs of more than 1 in 5 New York City households who do not have home access to high-speed Internet services.
In order to be eligible to participate in this program, a patron must:
- Have a child in NYC public school
- Have a valid library card* and be at least 18 years old
- Have less than $15 in outstanding fines on their library card
- Have no Internet access at home
- Register and attend an orientation session at one of our participating locations
- Agree to participate in surveys and other evaluations that will help BPL determine the merits of the program
- Agree to the program conditions listed on the online Library HotSpot registration form
*If your library account was sent to Collections, you must pay your fine in full and wait 24 hours to validate your card.