Brooklyn Public Library offers educators a wide array of resources and services, both in our neighborhood branches and online. We encourage you to make BPL a partner in your classroom!
What can BPL do for you?
- Sign up for a virtual class visit, including Brooklyn Connections.
- Take advantage of fine-free and extended borrowing privileges for educators!
- Access our many online Research and Learning resources (library card may be required).
- Attend free, high-quality workshops and seminars at the Library throughout the school year, available to all educators.
- Earn qualifying credit towards the New York State Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) 100 hours requirement.
- Participate in Brooklyn Connections, the school outreach arm of the Library's Brooklyn Collection.
- Enjoy rare access to original archival materials while completing a customized, standards-based project.
- Take advantage of our professional development workshops, after-school visits and online resources.
- Book a librarian for library orientations and card drives, booktalks and research lessons, professional development for educators, workshops for parents, and more! All sessions offered free of change at your school.
- Download a full menu of school outreach services.
- Send any school outreach questions to our Ask A Librarian service.
New fiction by Nana Nkweti, Emilio Fraia & Jack Wang, hosted by Anderson Tepper7:00 pm, Virtual
Sheepshead Bay Library's Talent Without Borders presents "Graduation celebration: it's good to be young."7:30 pm, Virtual
- Diverse Children's Books
- Brooklyn History & Memoirs
- History of NYC