Assist the staff of Brooklyn Public Library and enhance the library's service to the public, by organizing and maintaining the shelves in various BPL locations.
- Organizing book/video shelves by filing materials accordingly.
- Reading sections in compliance with the library classification system, the Dewey Decimal classification, by examining and organizing library materials.
- Transporting library trucks in the library's facilities, if needed.
- Good organizational skills.
- A friendly and approachable manner.
- The ability to get along with a diverse groups.
- Knowledge of languages other than English, a plus.
- Volunteers are asked to make a minimum commitment of two to three hours per week, for a period of at least three months.
How to Apply
Complete an Online Application.