Enhance library services to job seekers by providing individual help with resume, cover letter, and other employment related objectives.
- Assist library patrons/visitors with their employment related needs, including resume, cover letter, job application, thank you letter and other employment related letters, providing critique, editing, and suggestions for revision.
- Direct participants to the BPL electronic and print resources for additional information and help.
- Refer participants to appropriate subject divisions or library departments, if necessary.
- Bachelor's a plus. Strong preference will be given to the applicants with education and/or experience in Human Resources, Career Counseling, Education, and related fields.
- A strong commitment to helping people with their employment related needs.
- A friendly and approachable manner and ability to get along with the individuals of any background/race/gender
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Training is provided.
- Volunteers are asked to make a minimum commitment of two to three hours per week, for a period of at least three months.
How to Apply
Complete an Online Application.