By volunteering at your local library or the Central Library as a Computer Coach, you'll help library users improve their technical knowledge.
- Assist Technology Resource Specialist (TRS) in guiding library patrons with ABC log-on and PC reservation procedures and other functions.
- Assist with requests for print jobs.
- Assist TRS by providing basic help instructions to patrons, using Windows-based software, including the Web.
- Assist TRS by troubleshooting technology problems, when possible.
- Check equipment at the end of the shift to ensure that all computers are working.
- Assist patrons in using the BPL Catalog, as well as My Account, Live and other online Library resources.
- Computer skills (particularly word processing and Internet searching).
- A friendly and approachable manner.
- Ability to work with all age groups and ability levels.
- Knowledge of languages other than English, a plus.
- Volunteers are asked to make a minimum commitment of two to three hours per week, for a period of at least three months.
How to Apply
Complete an Online Application