Brooklyn Public Library’s Greenpoint Library and Environmental Education Center acts as a document repository for local remediation reports. These reports are produced by environmental engineers and developers that undertake evaluation and construction projects in areas that have been identified by government environmental agencies as a Superfund or brownfield site. These documents are made available to the public as a way for residents and businesses to access information about these projects and participate in the remediation process.
Look below to find digital versions for many of the documents in our repository available to download. More updated versions of records are digitally available at the Greenpoint Library and the Environmental Education Center.
For access and submission of remediation documents that are part of the Greenpoint collection, email your request to [email protected] or call the Greenpoint Library at 718.389.4394 and speak to Acacia Thompson, Environmental Justice Coordinator.
To give you the most thorough assistance, we ask that you give us 48 hours advance notice if you would like to access the physical versions of the reports.
For access to other Brooklyn archival documents stored at the Center for Brooklyn History (CBH), email your request to the [email protected] or call 718-222-4111. You may also browse the CBH digital collection.
- User Guide
- Finding Aid (Central Library's Brooklyn Collection)
- Finding Aid (Greenpoint Library and Environmental Education Center)
- Documents Spreadsheet
Navigate the Greenpoint Library's Document Repository with the help of the links below, which lead to remediation document links and downloads for the projects listed.
Vapor Intrusion Work Plan: 7/3/2005
Response to Workplan Comments: 2/18/2010
Supplemental Site Characterization: 11/19/2010
Site Characterization Report: 10/17/2006
Remedial Options Assessment: 7/2008
Records Search Report: 5/27/2011
Remedial Investigation Report: 1/22/2016 (Revision of 4/1/2015 original)
Records Search Report: 5/27/2011
Remedial Investigation Report: 12/23/2015 (Revision of 7/2013 original)
Citizen Participation Plan: 4/2011
Remedial Investigation: 12/2011
Remedial Investigation: 11/2012
SVE/SP Pilot Study Report: 3/2016
SVE/SP Pilot Study Work Plan: 9/2015
Feasibility Study: 9/2018
Remedial Investigation Report: 7/30/2015
Remedial Investigation Work Plan: 11/2011
Product Testing Report: 2/23/2015
Test Pit Report: 5/28/2015
Feasibility Study Report: 1/2016
Feasibility Study Report: 4/2016
Remedial Investigation (Phase I): 7/2011
Remedial Investigation Report: 9/2015
DNAPL Recovery Pilot Test Report: 11/2015
DNAPL Recovery Report: 2/2016
DNAPL Recovery Report: 2/2017
Supplemental Investigation Work Plan: 4/2005 (Revision of 11/2004 original)
Remedial Action Work Plan: 9/2009
Remedial Action Work Plan: 3/2016
Remedial Action Work Plan: 9/2016
Remedial Design (OU-1): 5/2013
Interim Remedial Measures Work Plan: 11/2006
Well Redevelopment Work Plan: 8/2010
DPE and AS Pilot Test Work Plan: 2/2012
Site Characterization (Phase VII): 11/2013
Site Characterization (Phase IX): 12/2016
Groundwater Sampling Report: 2/2017
Brownfield Cleanup Program Application: 8/16/2016
Decision Document: 11/2016
Remedial Action Work Plan: 10/2015
Work Plan (Phase II): 2015
Supplemental Work Plan: 2/10/2016
Remedial Action Work Plan: 8/19/2016
Environmental Summary Report: 9/24/2015
Remedial Investigation Report: 11/2015
Field Sampling Plan: 05/2008
Health and Safety Plan: 02/2008
Quality Assurance Project Plan: 05/2008
Remedial Investigation Work Plan: 05/2008
Other Remediation Resources
New York City and State remediation
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Remediation Databases: Allows searching the DEC's databases for environmental site remediation data. Entries have details about each work site, but do not share any remediation documents.
- New York City Office of Environmental Remediation Voluntary Cleanup Program Repository: Searchable repository of remediation documents for projects participating in the VCP. Offers downloading of remediation documents.
- New York City Office of Environmental Remediation Environmental Project Information Center: Searchable repository of remediation documents for remediation projects working with the OER. Entries have an information overview for various aspects of the project and offer downloading of remediation documents.
National Grid remediation
- Former Nassau Gas Works MGP: Information on the Former Nassau Gas Works MGP, the remediation projects and opportunities for public participation
- Former Dangman Park MGP: Information on the Site, the SC and RI, and opportunities for public participation
- Citizens Former MGP: Information on the Citizens former MGP Site, the remediation projects and opportunities for public participation
- Fulton Municipal Former MGP: Information on the Fulton Municipal former MGP Site, the Remedial investigation of the site, and opportunities for public participation
- Metropolitan Former MGP: Information on the Metropolitan former MGP Site, the Remedial Investigation of the site, and opportunities for public participation
This digitization project was made possible with funding provided by the Office of the New York State Attorney General and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation through the Greenpoint Community Environmental Fund.