Whether you are just starting or have some experience with personal finance, we have a service suited to meet your goals. Learn about budgeting, investing, student loans or preparing for retirement. With a large collection of print and online financial resources and free counseling services, finding the information and developing the skills you need to have a savvy relationship with your finances can be easy at Central Library’s Business & Career Center.
What We Do
- Attend events and workshops at the Library on saving, credit repair, investing and more.
- Go to our Events Calendar to see all of our upcoming finance events and workshops.
- Get advice on budgeting and money management, improving your credit rating, finding affordable banking services, financial planning, and reducing debt from our partners at the Bedford-Stuyvesant Restoration.
- Appointments are required for this service, and please call the Bedford-Stuyvesant Restoration at 718.636.6994 to make an appointment at the Central Library.
- During tax season get free assistance filing your taxes from organizations such as AARP and the Food Bank.
- Go to the "Subject Guides" box on the right hand side of this page to get tips on the best resources for managing and investing your money.
- Personal Finance