BPL's Business & Career Center offers virtual financial programs, financial coaching and more. You can also explore our many Online Resources at home with your library card.
- Go to the "Subject Guides" box on the right hand side of this page to get tips about budgeting, investing, student loans & preparing for retirement.
In response to COVID-19, financial coaching is now offered virtually.
Take steps towards financial stability by meeting with a financial coach. The Financial Coaching Corps of The Community Service Society of New York provides free and confidential help in developing positive financial skills, including:
- Improving credit by obtaining, reviewing and repairing credit reports;
- Using formal banking services and avoiding fringe services;
- Reducing debt by developing a debt management plan;
- Creating and using budgets to manage finances;
- Increasing savings to build assets;
- Applying for public benefits.
Virtual one-on-one financial coaching is available by appointment. If there are no openings, please check back in a few days. Thank you. Visit this page to make an appointment.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Brooklyn Public Library and its partners are not offering in-person tax help this year. We are truly sorry and have every expectation we will do so next year. There are options for free help with your 2020 taxes and we have outlined many on our Free Tax Help page.
Events & Classes
- BKLYN Retirement Planning
- BKLYN Real Estate Investing
- BKLYN Money Savvy Teens
- BKLYN Change your Money Mindset
- BKLYN Investing Basics
The Bogleheads' guide to retirement planningTaylor Larimore ... [et al.] ; foreword by John C. Bogle.
The buy nothing, get everything plan : discover the joy of spending le...Clark, Liesl, 1966- author.
Work your money, not your life : how to balance your career and person...Ma, Roger (Financial planner)