Whether you are just starting or have some experience with personal finance, we have a service suited to meet your goals. Learn about budgeting, investing, student loans or preparing for retirement. With a large collection of print and online financial resources and free counseling services, finding the information and developing the skills you need to have a savvy relationship with your finances can be easy at Central Library’s Business & Career Center.
What We Do
- Attend events and workshops at the Library on saving, credit repair, investing and more.
- Go to our Events Calendar to see all of our upcoming finance events and workshops.
Tuesdays from 10:00AM to 4:00PM
- Take a step towards financial stability with the help of a counselor from Bedford-Stuyvesant Restoration's Financial Empowerment Center. These counselors can advise you on issues ranging from budgeting,repairing your credit, and reducing debt. Appointments are required for this service, and please call the Bedford-Stuyvesant Restoration at 718.636.6994 to make an appointment at the Central Library. Financial counseling sessions will take place in Information Commons Meeting Room 3 on:
- During tax season get free assistance filing your taxes from organizations such as AARP and the Food Bank.
- Go to the "Subject Guides" box on the right hand side of this page to get tips on the best resources for managing and investing your money.
- Retirement Planning
- Money & Finance for Teens
Retirement fail : the 9 reasons people flunk post-work life and how to ace your ownSullivan, Greg, 1957- author.
Slash your retirement risk : how to make your money last with a simple, safe, and secure investment planCook, James Christopher, 1971-
Retirement : your new beginning: leveraging over 1000 clients through their retirement for the past 20 yearsMiramontes, Sid
Don't retire broke : an indispensable guide to tax-efficient retirement planning and financial freedomRodgers, Rick (Financial planner)
The millennial money fix : what you need to know about budgeting, debt, and finding financial freedomBoneparth, Douglas A.
The year of less : how I stopped shopping, gave away my belongings, and discovered life is worth more than anything you can buy in a storeFlanders, Cait, 1985- author.
You need a budget : the proven system for breaking the paycheck-to-paycheck cycle, getting out of debt, and living the life you wantMecham, Jesse
Cluttered mess to organized success workbook : declutter & organize your home and life with over 100 checklists and worksheets + free full downloadsAarssen, Cassandra
The 2% rule to get debt free fast : an innovative method to pay your loans off for goodMichael, Alex
The DIY investor : how to get started in investing and plan for a financially secure futureBell, Andy, 1966- author.
Investment trusts handbook 2018 : the latest thinking, opinion, research & information on investment trusts
Uncommon sense : the popular misconceptions of business, investing and finance, and how to profit by going against the tideHomer, Mark.
Global investment competitiveness report 2017/2018 : foreign investor perspectives and policy implications.
The inside guide to funding real estate investments : how to get the money you need for the property you wantHamilton, Ross, 1982- author.
Safe, debt-free, and rich! : high-return, low-risk investing strategies that can make you wealthyPacker, Andrew
Invest like you give a damn : make money, change the world, sleep well at nightDe Sousa-Shields, Marc, 1963-
The bitcoin guidebook : how to obtain, invest, and spend the world's first decentralized cryptocurrencyDeMartino, Ian
Blockchain revolution : how the technology behind bitcoin is changing money, business, and the worldTapscott, Don, 1947- author.
Savings and investment information for teens : tips for a successful financial life, including facts about economic principles, wealth development, bank accounts, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other financial tools.
Financial literacy for millennials : a practical guide to managing your financial life for teens, college students, and young adultsSmith, Andrew O., 1962- author.
The infographic guide to personal finance : a visual reference for everything you need to knowCagan, Michele
Make your kid a money genius (even if you're not) : a parents' guide for kids 3 to 23Kobliner, Beth, 1965- author.
Cash and credit information for teens : tips for a successful financial life, including facts about earning money, paying taxes, budgeting, banking, shopping, using credit, and avoiding financial pitfalls.
The teen money manual : a guide to cash, credit, spending, saving, work, wealth, and moreMcGuire, Kara.