To all the teachers who are teaching online right now, the Brooklyn Connections team wants to say: thank you for everything you are doing!
We recognize how exceptionally challenging, time consuming and emotionally and physically taxing this work is and we are here to offer support. Let us know if we can help in any of the following ways:
Online Instruction: Let us take the mic for awhile! Brooklyn Connections educators are here to deliver live or asynchronous lessons of your choosing for grades 4 through 12.
What kind of lessons?
- Online research! (i.e. getting the most out of search engines, accessing the Brooklyn Collection's digital resources , effectively searching online databases, assessing websites, etc.)
- Document analysis to build content knowledge (see our primary source packets for options) or skills (i.e. observations and inferences, identifying historic bias, citations, etc.)
- Anything else you have in mind (see our lesson plans for more ideas)
Interested? Get started by filling out this form.
Virtual Office Hours: Students, teachers and parents can schedule one-on-one time with Connections educators to seek help with their research. Sign up here: Brooklyn Connections Office Hours
- Does online instruction have to relate to a Brooklyn Connections research topic or project? Nope.
- Is this support only available to Brooklyn Connections partner teachers and classes? Nope!
- Have you thought of ...? Perhaps there's something we're missing - let us know!
Get the latest updates from BPL and be the first to know about new programs, author talks, exciting events and opportunities to support your local library.Sign Up