BKLYN Incubator supports innovative programs at the Brooklyn Public Library by providing professional development, mentorship, and resources to staff with innovative ideas. The purpose of the BKLYN Incubator is to empower our staff to build public programs and services from the ground up and support ideas that are responsive to community needs.
Thanks for your feedback on Round Four Proposals!
Round Four proposals were published for public feedback from October 2 - October 15, 2017. The proposals are now going through an internal review and winners will be announced in November. Good luck to all the teams who submitted!
Learn more about the 8 ideas funded in Round Three
Here are the teams that make up the third cohort of BKLYN Incubator:
- BookMatch Teen
- Brownsville Excerpts: Teen Podcasting
- Documentary Photography Bootcamp
- KNRC Youth Radio Podcast
- With storyteller and multimedia expert Jamie Courville, Canarsie Library will host a series of radio podcasting workshops for teenagers to share stories and produce digital audio files through the KNRC Youth Radio Podcast.
- Library Lab: Wired and Powered
- Teens will learn about electronics by deconstructing and reassembling computers as well as building a set of functional speakers. This program will happen at East Flatbush Library.
- Shine On Me
- A thirteen-week initiative for homeless adults to consult with social workers and life coaches to get their lives back on track and creating communities to inspire themselves in a library safe space. This program will happen at East Flatbush Library.
- Tech 21
- More than just a coding workshop for youth, TECH 21 teaches ethical digital citizenship and gives youth the tools to realize their creative aspirations through 21st century web development. This program will happen at Clarendon Library
- We Hold These Truths
- A documentary-style theater performance—based on the writings of Adult Literacy students—designed to raise awareness of the adult basic education program and give voice to our student population and the issues that matter most to them. This program will happen at our Central Library.
What's incubating in your neighborhood?
Check out our Programs tab to learn more about BKLYN Incubator programs from previous cohorts and find out what has been incubating in your neighborhood.
Events & Classes
- Patron-Centered Design
- Community Partnerships
- Opportunity Mapping