The Kensington library loves crafts with yarn. This month we are making cuddly yarn friends!
- Yarn Scissors
- One piece of cardboard that is seven inches long and another piece that is four inches long. You can make your cardboard pieces with a ruler and a cereal box
- Any swag to jazz up your doll! (Optional)
- Wrap your yarn around the seven inch piece of cardboard 30 times. (Pro-tip: the thicker your yarn, the more full and cuddly your doll will be. Don’t worry if you don’t have a thick yarn. I didn’t have any, and it still works!).
- Cut the yarn.
- Cut a piece of yarn that is around ten inches and tie the 30 wraps together with a knot at the top.
- Cut the yarn at the bottom off the board.
- Now it’s time to take another piece of short yarn and tie it around your yarn to make a head.
- It’s time to make some arms! Take your four inch board and wrap your yarn around 20 times.
- Cut the yarn and slide the wrap off the cardboard, carefully.
- Cut both ends.
- Tie the ends to make wrists.
- It’s time to assemble the body: divide body under neck into front and back. Place arms centered into divide, snug up close to the neck. Tie a piece of yarn under your arms to keep them in place. Trim any pieces that are too long.
- Add hair or ties by the ankles if you want your doll to have pants.
We hope you enjoy this craft! Click here to find more upcoming Kids Create programs in our online calendar!
Get the latest updates from BPL and be the first to know about new programs, author talks, exciting events and opportunities to support your local library.Sign Up