Record Me A Story
You will need:
- Smartphone or tablet
- Free voice-recording/memo app or program
- Printable storytelling cards (optional)
This is a storytelling game! We’re going to tell a story and record it together.
What will it be about? Who will the characters be? Will it be sad, scary, funny? How does a story start and end?
Press “record” and start your story! Take turns—you can say “what happens next” to prompt your child.
If using storytelling cards, take turns picking a card and using the image on the card to inspire the next part of your story.
When the story is over, stop the recorder and save it with an original title.
Listen at bedtime, on the bus, in the car, or at home!
Tech Tips for Young Children:
- Co-view media together: talk with your child, watch, listen and play along.
- Choose media that matches your child’s interests, and is age appropriate.
- Create a screen free zone in the bedroom to ensure healthy sleep habits.
- Be a role model by limiting your own media usage, your child will follow your lead!
- Set rules for screen time together as a family. Use our Family Media Plan!
For more tips on managing screen/tech time with your little ones, check out our post: Balancing Your Family's Screen Time in Difficult Times
Get the latest updates from BPL and be the first to know about new programs, author talks, exciting events and opportunities to support your local library.Sign Up