Color Hunt with Khan Academy Kids
You will need:
- 1. Smartphone or tablet
- 2. Khan Academy Kids app
- 3. Logic Primary Colors game
- Khan Academy Kids has a ton of FREE language, literacy and brain bulilding activities for children 2-5.
- Try the Primary Colors game to go on a color hunt together.
- Looking for colors helps hone observation skills!
- The game uses a song to teach color names! You can use this song in your daily routine to help teach different color words.
- Go on a REAL color hunt in your home, or on the way to school!
- Talk about colors during your everyday experiences, like getting dressed, on the way to school, and in the supermarket.
Tech Tips for Young Children:
- Co-view media together: talk with your child, watch, listen and play along.
- Choose media that matches your child’s interests, and is age appropriate.
- Create a screen free zone in the bedroom to ensure healthy sleep habits.
- Be a role model by limiting your own media usage, your child will follow your lead!
- Set rules for screen time together as a family. Use our Family Media Plan!
For more tips on managing screen/tech time with your little ones, check out our post: Balancing Your Family's Screen Time in Difficult Times
Get the latest updates from BPL and be the first to know about new programs, author talks, exciting events and opportunities to support your local library.Sign Up