Brooklyn Public Library mobile app
Our new mobile app is here! It features everything you'll need to interact with the Library from your phone:
- Check out books directly from your phone using self-check
- Manage all of your family's accounts from one app / one device
- Browse the catalog
- Place an item on hold for pickup at your nearest branch
- Get information about BPL, including branch locations & hours
- Access your account details (with login)
- Add a scannable digital Library Card to the app
- Renew holds and pay fines
SimplyE offers an easy way to borrow from BPL's collection of 100,000+ free eBooks on your Apple or Android device.
User-friendly features include:
- Bookmarks. Want to jump back or forward? The app will hold your place.
- Inter-device sync. Like to read on several different devices? The app will remember where you left off on every device.
- e-Library cards. Sign up for an e-card and get immediate access to e-books, without having to come in to a BPL branch.
After updating the SimplyE app, if you were logged in before the update, the app is going to need to sign in one extra time. For most patrons, this process occurs when they are about to: check out a book, try and download a book, or read a book.
For a small number of patrons, there may be some issues like: the app getting stuck or frozen, seeing blank books when trying to read, or other errors related to signing in. Please sign out of the library from the Settings tab. Once fully signed out, the issue will be easier to identify and/or fix. If not able to sign out, first force-quit by double-tapping and swiping up. Try again. Then uninstall the app from the home screen and reinstall from the app store.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.