Join us for a 4-part series on managing your mental health! Join the open conversation where you will get a chance to meet with a therapist in a group setting. Every week, we will have a discussion covering a different mental health topic:
- October 12: Chronic Health vs. Mental Health
- The difference between acute illnesses versus chronic illnesses and their impact on Mental Health. Coping with medical issues while working on improving mental health.
- October 19: How to Sleep Without Counting Sheep
- Understanding how sleep changes as we age, and how it effects our mental health. Learning how to improve sleep hygiene thereby improving mental health.
- October 26: Loneliness vs. Being Alone
- The difference between loneliness and solitude is perspective. Taking control of our lives versus allowing life to happen to us.
- November 2: Positive Thinking, Positive Attitude
- How we think is how we feel. Learning to find a positive perspective during difficult times helps us remain in a healthier mental state.
Please RSVP for each of the sessions individually, and the Zoom information will be sent to you prior to the session.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to [email protected]
This is a collaboration between Brooklyn Public Library's Community Health team and OHEL Children's Home and Family Services.