Kits can be picked up from the Annex Library Monday June 14th, Wednesday June 16th, and Friday June 18th (while supplies last). Happy Juneteenth!
- Cardboard tube
- Construction paper, glue stick, crayons
You will also need:
- Masking tape
- Tie off balloon and cut top part off with scissors.
- Take the knotted half of the balloon and stretch it over one end of a toilet paper tube. Secure the balloon with a piece of strong tape.
- Decorate with construction paper, crayons, and anything else you wish to add!
- Use shredded pieces of paper (or any decorative paper of your choice) as confetti. Pull back the tied-off part of the balloon and release to make your confetti pop in celebration!
Juneteenth is celebrated on June 19th and is in commemoration of the day all enslaved people in the United States received the news that they were free. 2021 marks the first year that Juneteenth is being recognized as a City, State and public school holiday.
Choking hazard (balloon): please supervise young children under 3 years with these materials.