This workshop is designed for those individuals who are starting up a business and don’t have the resources to purchase other applications.
We will show you how to use your Google account in an effective manner to communicate and share documents, organize, search, and set permissions.
Topics covered include:
GOOGLE DRIVE FUNDAMENTALS
- Collaborate on Google applications, (e.g., docs, slides, and sheets)
- Communicate by making and resolving comments
- Share or e-mail documents as attachments.
- Create folders and upload files to Google Drive.
- Share folders in Google Drive
GOOGLE DOCS FUNDAMENTALS
- Create a word processing document (e.g., business letter, report, and table)
- Apply formatting features: fonts, paragraph styles, alignment, bullets/numbering, and line spacing.
- Insert and move text and objects (e.g., images, links, headers, and page numbers)
- Set permissions for sharing a document.
- Use the research tool from within a document
BPL's Business & Career Center is generously supported by Dime Community Bank, Lead Funder of the PowerUP! Business Plan Competition, Dr. Beverly S. Jacobs, Ridgewood Savings Bank, Reference Solutions, Elizabeth Crowell & Robert Wilson and Signature Bank.