The ConnectED Library Hotspot Loan Program is a collaborative program by New York Public Library, Brooklyn Public Library, Queens Public Library and Department of Education to provide thousands of NYC K12 students with free Internet access for the rest of the school year. This program addresses the needs of more than 1 in 5 New York City households who do not have home access to high-speed Internet services.
In order to participate in the Library Hotspot Loan Program, you must register for and attend a patron lending event and be prepared to present your BPL adult library card. In addition, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- be 18 years of age or older and a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in a New York City public school,
- or be 18 years of age or older and enrolled in a New York City public school,
- or be an emancipated minor enrolled in a New York City public school
- have a valid Brooklyn Public Library card
- have less than **$15 in fines on their library card
- have no internet access at home