Libby lets you download ebooks and audiobooks directly to your mobile device or send them to your Kindle reader.
How to use
Start using Libby by following these steps:
- Install the Libby app from your device's app store: Apple App Store (iOS) and Google Play Store (Android).
- Open Libby and select “Find My Library” to add Brooklyn Public Library. You can search by library name, city, or zip code.
- Browse our library's collection and borrow a title. When prompted, sign in with your barcode and PIN.
Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically when you're connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you're offline. From your Shelf, you can:
- Tap Open book or Open audiobook to start reading or listening to a title.
- Tap the cover image, then Send to Device to send a book to Kindle.
Select Library at the bottom of the screen to continue browsing for titles. You may also search, borrow, or place a hold on eBooks through the main library catalog at borrow.bklynlibrary.org.
With your account, you can:
- You can borrow up to 20 downloadable titles combined (across OverDrive and Libby combined)
- You can place up to 10 holds on downloadable titles at a time
- You can choose your default lending periods under your account settings, from 7 days to 21 days. You don’t have to return them—they automatically expire at the end of the loan period. No overdue fees!
You can also access Libby online at libbyapp.com.