SummarySection of Culver Plaza in Coney Island with boardwalk and several benches (profile of man wearing suit and hat is sitting at one), tables, and street lamps in foreground and several buildings including a gazebo with iron cow sculpture and Cable's, presumably an eating/drinking establishment, in background.
NoteDate from inscription on verso of copy 2. On verso of copy 2: "In 1879 Culver Plaza was gas-lit." Title from typed label on verso. Collection owned jointly by Brooklyn Public Library and Brooklyn Museum; original glass plate negatives held by Brooklyn Museum.