About This Item


  • Title[Cameo Theatre]
  • Call NumberTHEA_0014
  • SummaryExterior view of the Cameo Theatre located at 530 Eastern Parkway. It opened on February 8, 1924, was renamed the Kameo Theatre in 1925, and, at the time of cataloging, it is used as a church.
  • Date1924
  • Formatstill image
  • Physical Description1 photographic print : black & white ; 8 x 10 in.
  • Genregelatin silver printsphotographic prints
  • NoteOn verso: date stamped: Jun[e] 5, 1944; photographer's stamp. Title supplied by cataloger.
  • CreatorExcelsior Commercial Photo Co.
  • SubjectMotion picture theaters -- New York (State) -- New York ; Theaters -- New York (State) -- New York
  • CollectionBrooklyn Daily Eagle photographs
  • PlaceBrooklyn (New York, N.Y.)Crown Heights (New York, N.Y.)
  • Cite AsBrooklyn Daily Eagle photographs, Brooklyn Public Library, Brooklyn Collection
  • RightsCopyright restrictions apply to the use of this work. For more information or to obtain a reproduction of this work, contact the Brooklyn Collection at Brooklyn Public Library.