Summer Reading 2015
Summer Reading 2015 is coming soon!
Summer Reading is a great way to connect with other readers and read what you want at your own pace. You can also participate in fun, free activities. Declare yourself a Summer Reader at your library and online at www.summerreading.org.
For events for all ages throughout the summer, visit our events calendar.
- Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers Summer Reading 2015 Booklist in English, Spanish and Chinese
- Kindergarten to Grade 5 Summer Reading 2015 Booklist
- Teen Summer Reading 2015 Booklist
- Adult Summer Reading 2015 Booklist
- LARGE PRINT Adult Booklist
- Spanish All Ages Summer Reading 2015 Booklist
- LARGE PRINT Spanish Booklist
Teachers and Community Leaders
- In late May and June, our Librarians visit schools, child care centers and community groups to bring free booklists and other giveaways. We give entertaining booktalks, read stories, and tell students about our free summer activities and the Summer Reading website, www.summerreading.org. Please contact your local neighborhood library or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit.
- The NYC Summer Reading booklists are made by Librarians from the three public library systems (Brooklyn Public Library, New York Public Library, and Queens Library) and the Department of Education's School Library Services office. Your students will have a good chance of finding these books at the library because we have many copies available.
This easy-to-use database includes lesson plans, QR code flyers, video book trailers, and original movies and audio recordings with exceptional authors and illustrators.
If you recommend other Summer Reading books to your students, be sure that there are enough copies available in the public library. Check the Brooklyn Public Library catalog first at http://brooklyn.bibliocommons.com/.