ESOL: English for Speakers of Other Languages
The Brooklyn Public Library (BPL) offers free ESOL classes for adults 17 and older whose first language is not English. The library have classes at all levels for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced learners. Our program focuses on developing English skills needed for everyday life in the United States. English classes are taught by experienced teachers. Students will:
- Listen, speak, read and write English
- Use English in everyday situations
- Study vocabulary and grammar
- Learn American civics and history
- Learn English for workplace and job opportunities
- Learn basic technology skills
Last Spring Registration
@ Bushwick Library April 11, 2016 10AM
For more details-click here
Daytime, Evening and Weekend classes are available
Students MUST register to join an ESOL class:
Locate ESOL registration schedules at your local library branch or on BPL’s website
Register in person--Come early--Space is limited
Attend any registration for evaluation/assessment
Get placed in a class—Classes close out quickly!
Attend your class on the appointed days and times
Please do not bring children to registration
Frequently Asked Questions
Resources for English Language Learners
- Business English (Advanced level)
- English Conversation Group Schedule
- We Are New York: Learn English on TV!
- Adult Education Classes Resource Guide (PDF)
- Annual Diversity Immigrant Visa Lottery Assistance Program
For one-on-one assistance or questions about Adult Education Classes at BPL, call or visit one of our five Adult Literacy Learning Centers.
This project is supported by generous grants from the New York State Education Department, Office of Adult Career, Continuing Education Services and the offices of New York City Council members.