Due to weather conditions, the early registration for enrolled ESOL students at the Pacific library has been canceled!
2017 spring registration for new students starts March 18th to March 30th!
Brooklyn Public Library (BPL) strives to increase access to services for multicultural individuals and families and diverse populations, including recent immigrants, and non-English speakers.
BPL offers free ESOL classes for adults 17 and older.
- Listen, speak, read and write English
- Use English in everyday situations
- Study vocabulary and grammar
- Learn American civics and history
- Learn English for workplace and job opportunities
- Learn basic technology skills
- Students must register in person
- Documentation is required (Please see Frequently Asked Questions)
- An assessment/test is required
- Registration schedules are on BPL’s website and at your local library branch
Registration schedules are on BPL’s website and at your local library branch
Please DO NOT bring children to registrations or to class!
Daytime, Evening and Weekend classes are available
For more details-click Frequently Asked Questions.
Resources for English Language Learners
- We Are New York: Learn English on TV!
- Adult Education Classes Resource Guide (PDF)
- English Conversation Groups Schedule --2017
For one-on-one assistance or questions about Adult Education Classes at BPL, call or visit one of our five Adult Literacy Learning Centers.
The ESOL program is supported by generous grants from the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), New York State Education Department, Office of Adult Career, Continuing Education Services, New York State Library's Adult Literacy Grant Services, and the offices of New York City Council Members.