Clinton Hill Library
|Mon||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Tue||10:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Wed||1:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
|Thu||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Fri||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Sat||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
Brooklyn, NY 11238
Clinton Hill Library was built in 1973 to meet the needs of a vibrant and diverse community. The single-story building is set in a leafy landmarked neighborhood of brownstones, schools and day care facilities.
CLINTON HILL LIBRARY ONLINE STORYTIME TICKETING FOR FREE TICKETS BEGINS DEC 1ST:
- This information applies ONLY to the 10:15 storytimes on Tuesdays and Fridays; 11:15 tickets will still be distributed in person, first come first served. TICKETS ARE FREE!
- 24 hours before the event, online registration will be opened to the first 20 registrants to sign up
- Go to the Events Calendar in the left menu of our website (www.bklynlibrary.org) and search for the listing of the storytime you want to attend
- You will sign in using an email address and name, which will be visible to the librarians only
- An email confirmation of your registration will be sent to you upon successful signup
- Each caregiver/child unit requires one signup – please only sign up for one slot, regardless of the number of adults and children in your family group
- This can be done remotely, from a mobile device, or on a library computer
- When you arrive at the library on the day of the storytime you signed up for, give the librarian your name and we will check it against our list of registrants
- PLEASE BE ON TIME, as we will give away your seat to someone waiting in the building if you arrive after 10:15
- Please only sign up for storytime attendance once a week, to give others the chance to attend as well
- Thank you for your patience and support as we try to serve the greatest number of patrons possible in our small space. We greatly appreciate that so many of you like to share storytime with your children at Clinton Hill!
The Society for Clinton Hill, which met regularly at the library, gave impetus to the formation of the Friends of Clinton Hill Library.
What do Friends of the Library do?
- Help plan events for people of all ages.
- Volunteer to hold or assist with programs for all ages.
- Help out at branch fund raisers to raise money to pay for programs for all ages. Clinton Hill Friends-funded programs have included musical programs for toddlers, the annual cat photo contest, and crafts for school-age children.
- Advocate with elected officials to raise awareness of library needs.
What time commitment is needed?
- If possible, attend the six meetings held from October through June.
- Volunteer for a shift at a book sale or spring plant sale.
- Help sorts books before the book sale.
- Even if you cannot come to a meeting or volunteer a few hours at a sale to sort before a book sale, you can spread the word through social media or by mouth of upcoming library programs.
If you are interested in joining the Friends of Clinton Hill, you can do so in one of these ways:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Friends email blast list – speak with Clinton Hill NLS Tracey Mantrone.
|Branch Contact Person:||Tracey Mantrone, NLS|
Program & Events:
Monday, February 27, 2017 10:30 am
Monday, February 27, 2017 12:00 pm
Monday, February 27, 2017 2:00 pm
Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:15 am
Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:15 am
If you would like to join this group, please contact NLS Tracey Mantrone at the branch or email email@example.com
Current co-presidents - Friends of Clinton Hill Library - Carol and Carl Candela.
For more Friends information visit the Friends page.
Make a difference at your library! BPL Friends help develop programs, advocate for the library, and raise funds. Adults and teens are all welcome!