Brooklyn Public Library offers educators a wide array of resources and services, both in our libraries and on the web. We encourage you to make BPL a partner in your student's education. On our website, you can:
- Arrange a class visit for your students.
- Get library cards for your students.
- Access our rich print and digital collections.
- Explore our special events and services.
- Browse our Digital Teacher Packet.
Teacher Library Card
Teachers from public and independent schools, licensed childcare centers, and special education programs can apply online for a Teacher Library Card. Learn more and sign up!
- Educators can create playlists of activities tailored to their lessons and invite students to a "class" with a class code. Educators can track their students' progress.
- Students can create an avatar and "level up" the more they play.
- Parents can also log in and connect with their children to set goals and rewards for them.
- All free for educators, free for parents, and free for students. Simply create a free login to get started.
For participating teachers and school librarians: download guides and resources, find booklists, and request support. Let us help you make MyLibraryNYC a success at your school. More Info >
Brooklyn Public Library's colorful Kidsmobile, a children's library on wheels, visits schools, child care centers, Headstart, afterschool programs and community events. Click here to schedule a Kidsmobile visit to your school.
Check back for special events for educators regularly or join our teacher email list by contacting YouthandFamily@bklynlibrary.org.