Brooklyn Public Library offers educators a wide array of resources and services, both in our libraries and on the web. We encourage you to make BPL a partner in your student's education. On our website, you can:
- Arrange a class visit for your students.
- Get library cards for your students.
- Access our rich print and digital collections.
- Explore our special events and services.
- Sign up for BPL's e-newsletters to read about the latest programs, events and resources at BPL.
- Browse our Digital Teacher Packet.
Teacher Library Card
Teachers from public and independent schools, licensed childcare centers, and special education programs can apply online for a Teacher Library Card. Learn more and sign up!
- Educators can create playlists of activities tailored to their lessons and invite students to a "class" with a class code and track their students' progress.
- Students can create an avatar and "level up" the more they play.
- Parents can also log in and connect with their children to set goals and rewards for them.
- All free for educators, free for parents, and free for students. Simply create a free login to get started.
For participating teachers and school librarians: download guides and resources, find booklists, and request support. Let us help you make MyLibraryNYC a success at your school. More Info >
Brooklyn Public Library's colorful Kidsmobile, a children's library on wheels, visits schools, child care centers, Headstart, afterschool programs and community events. Click here to schedule a Kidsmobile visit to your school.
Summer 2015 Teacher Lab
Applications are now open for The Teacher Lab, a fabulous FREE learning opportunity for 4-12th grade NYC educators looking to earn PD hours (and/or possible P-credit) while learning about fantastic free teaching and learning resources at the library and beyond! See the Teacher Lab page for details and application.
Check back for special events for educators regularly or join our teacher email list by contacting YouthandFamily@bklynlibrary.org.