Business & Career Library
We offer free services and resources for job hunters, career changers, and students of all ages. Begin your visit by talking to a librarian who can help you find the resources you need or start online with our Resource Guides.
Visit our online calendar events to see upcoming special programs.
Job Training and Career Guidance Information
Business & Career Library has an extensive collection of books and other resources on careers and job training programs.
For career information, use the New York State Department of Labor's Careerzone Web site (http://careerzone.ny.gov/) as a place to start your search.
Thinking about college? Consult the Book of Majors to locate the colleges that offer the particular major that you are interested in studying.
Then use our directories of two- or four-year colleges, or information on international programs, summer-study programs, distance education, vocational schools, and specialized schools.
We also have materials on the college application process, including application forms for CUNY and SUNY. We also have materials on the college application process, graduate schools, college application essays and more.
Financial Aid Information
Review our extensive collections of directories to locate scholarships, contests, loans, and grants for college study. The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application forms are also available.
Test Preparation Information
Study guides for the following tests can be borrowed: CLEP, GED, GMAT, GRE. LSAT, MCAT, NYSTCE, PRAXIS, Regents Exams, SAT, TOEFL, and many certification exams. Study books are available for entry-level New York City civil-service exams. The Application forms for the GED, GMAT, GRE, SAT, ACT, FAFSA, & TOEFL are available in this Division.
- Resume writing & interviewing workshops (STEP programs).
- Special topics workshops. We offer occasional workshops on a variety of topics such as finding government jobs, college and career planning, and writing resumes on the computer, among others.
- Guest presenter workshops. We offer occasional workshops (sometimes as a series) presented by external speakers who are working in the field related to employment and education.
- Resume editing help: STEP librarians and volunteers briefly criticize formatted, printed resumes on demand as availability permits.
- Business and career newspapers and magazines. Please ask at the Reference Desk.
- Class visits and tours: Please contact us to schedule a visit to see our resources for students and job seekers.