Brooklyn Public Library is improving our online catalog and migrating to a new mobile app! We'll be providing updates here on the transition as we roll out these changes and improvements.
The new catalog
We're excited to announce that we've launched the next generation of our library catalog. This new interface will be more seamlessly integrated into our website, but it will still do everything you've come to expect from Brooklyn Public Library's online catalog: you can browse the catalog and place items on hold for pickup at your closest branch, you can add books to a For Later Shelf and create booklists. The new catalog will allow you to log in with your barcode and PIN, OR with your username and PIN—don't worry, nothing about your login information will change!
Ready to explore the new catalog? Check it out.
FAQs and Instructional Guides
The new mobile app
The new mobile app is now available for download on both Android and Apple devices. The app can be found by conducting a search for "Brooklyn Public Library". With the new app, you will be able to:
- Browse the catalog
- Place an item on hold for pickup at your nearest branch
- Get information about BPL, including branch locations & hours
- Manage other library accounts through the "Manage Accounts" feature
- Access your account details (with login)
- Add a scannable digital Library Card to the app
- Renew holds and pay fines
- Language translation available in Spanish, Chinese & Russian
For more information on the app, please speak with a representative at your local library or call 1-718-YOUR-BPL (968-7275).