Brooklyn Public Library is seeking a Pre-HSE instructor to teach intermediate level adult basic education classes. The Instructor will teach reading, writing and math to adults using curriculum developed by BPL and including CCSS in a technology rich learning environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare syllabus that uses library collections and curriculum
- Engage students in a rich and engaging learning environment
- Utilize BPL Pre-HSE curriculum for reading, writing and math
- Implement vocabulary, fluency and comprehension strategy instruction
- Administer mandated assessment and conference individually with students
- Submit attendance and documentation of student progress as required
- Participate in regular staff meetings for curriculum and staff development
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS required; MA in education a plus
- Proven effectiveness with struggling learners
- Strong organizational skills required
- Comfortable with basic technology
- Creative problem solver with a strong commitment to adult literacy a plus
- Hours: 6 hours/week + 1 hour for prep and administrative work. Evening/Saturday.
- Salary: $38 per hour
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com Brooklyn Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.