Brooklyn Public Library seeks an intern to work with the Youth and Family Services Department in coordinating the Ezra Jack Keats Bookmaking Competition.
This is a grant-funded position beginning February 1 and ending May 26, 2017.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the Ezra Jack Keats bookmaking competition judging on Monday, February 6, 2017
- Assisting our programs and exhibitions department in mounting an exhibit of winning books
- Compiling booklists and writing annotations and summaries of winning books
- Scheduling and hosting class visits to view an exhibit in May of the winning books
- Coordinating the celebration that takes place on the afternoon of May 19, 2017
- Other duties as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree. Enrollment in a graduate education, art education, or library program preferred.
- Experience working with teachers and students in 3-8 grades
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Candidates must be flexible, able to handle multiple competing priorities and tasks and adaptable to change
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Working knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office
- Ability to bend, reach, sit and stand as needed
The rate of pay for this position is $25 per hour, approximately 7 hours per week.
Interested applicants can submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brooklyn Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.