BPL is currently seeking a HRIS Analyst to join its Information Technology (IT) Department. The HRIS Analyst is responsible for working with the Human Resources and Finance Departments to provide functional support for the Infor/Lawson HR/Payroll suite and associated 3rd party applications as well as system configuration and administration. The Analyst will also analyze, design, build, test, deliver and maintain reports, dashboards and other data extracts as requested. The position requires an understanding of the Lawson reporting tools (Crystal Reports, LBI, HR Report Writer and MS Addins), Lawson data models and architecture, and SQL table queries and design in order to be successful. The HRIS Analyst will be responsible for working on issues as reported and working as part of project teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support ERP-related applications and evaluate previously developed business programs and processes. Advise business customers on the different technical options available to resolve business issues/requirements. Propose ways to integrate software with best business practice, organizational policy, regulatory requirements, and audit requirements.
- Assist in implementation of new software functions/features and configuration changes. Prepare and administer unit and system tests as needed to quality assure all new programs and code changes. Assist users in User Acceptance Testing for any changes to the software and document the results.
- Develop or assist in the development of work plans, task sequencing, and the extent to which tasks may be performed concurrently; help in developing project cost and benefit estimates along with alternative recommendations for new systems or equipment installation or changes to existing ones.
- Develop and document complete descriptions of all business requirements. Write functional and technical specifications for reporting requirements or to create an SOW for development work. Work with internal customers and external vendors to assist with the development work based on the business needs and software integration requirements.
- Administer the Lawson system and associated 3rd party software, maintain users.
- Maintain existing LBI smart notification and reports.
- Devise data verification methods and standard systems procedures.
- Knowledge of MS Access database to assist in the migration legacy systems.
- Provide production support to systems according to the “on-call” schedule and as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related disciplines preferred
- 2-3 years programming or database experience.
- 2 years of experience with Lawson HR/Payroll applications; Absence Management, Benefits, and version 10; Global HR experience a plus.
- 2 years HR experience preferred.
- Experience with HR Writer and Crystal Reports (or SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Knowledge of Lawson HR and Payroll tables.
- Experience with BSI TaxFactory.
- Experience with Lawson Administrative tools a plus (Lawson Security Admin, Infor Security Services, Infor Federated Services, Infor Rich Client).
- Experience with Infor Process Automation and Design Studio a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and work on project teams.
- Excellent oral and written & communication skills.
- Ability to do data analysis and system analysis.
Interested and qualified applicants can submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brooklyn Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.