Did you know that small and mid-sized businesses are more impacted by cyberattacks than the larger corporations you are always hearing about? That’s because smaller businesses have limited IT resources, inexperience with government regulations, or just general lack of awareness.
Wondering what to do about it? This free SCORE NYC workshop will help attendees identify potential risks to their businesses, formulate a plan to address those risks and establish an understanding of the growing cyber regulations that impact their businesses.
At the end of this workshop, you will have the knowledge and resources to:
- Discuss guidelines for creating a risk assessment of your business based on a technology usage perspective
- List options to secure client/customer data based on identification of data housed by your business
- Develop cyber security-related questions to ask your in-house or outsourced IT resources
- Describe domestic and international cyber laws and regulations
- Explain cyber liability insurance and its ability to protect a business, using examples of particular coverage elements