Registration for NYC Food Handler Certification at BPL Adult Learning
ServSafe food handler certification is necessary for all food handlers in the retail food service and hospitality industries who are involved in the preparation, storage or handling of food. This certification is awarded after successful completion of the 6 class sessions and passing the national ServSafe food handler exam.
Topics covered in the (5) day training class:
- Causes of foodborne illness and ways to prevent it
- Time and temperature controls
- Cross contamination
- Job readiness skills
In-person Class Schedule:
Feb. 4, 18
March 4, 11, 18
Exam Date: March 25
10:00AM - 2:00 PM
Class Location: Pacific Library
- Must be employed or seeking employment in the food industry.
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to meet TABE reading placement test requirements
- Must attend all 5 in-person class sessions and take the certification exam (no exceptions)
- Submit a valid photo ID
Important Information to Know:
Have a notebook and your manual to take notes
To request accommodations, you must inform staff during in-person registration
Registration is required! Must have a copy of a resume and photo ID.
For more information, call 718-622-4460 ext. 5 or email [email protected]