The Library Laptop and Hotspot Loan Program is made possible by the Emergency Connectivity Fund Program. This program will help provide relief to millions of patrons and will help close the Homework Gap for students who currently lack necessary Internet access or devices to connect to classrooms.
All eligible students, school staff and library patrons, can borrow a laptop and hotspot at a participatiing location while supplies last!
To participate in this program, you must register for and attend an orientation session. During the orientation session, (duration (1-2 hours) you must be prepared to present a state ID, an active library card, and complete a loan application.
Note: if you need a library card, visit Brooklyn Public Library - Welcome Card Applicatiom (bklynlibrary.org) to apply.
You will also need a Gmail account. If you do not have one, don't worry, a staff member can assist you with creating an account.
All borrowers must meet the following requirements:
- Need strong internet service at home
- Need an electronic device that can meet educational needs at home
- Have a valid Identification Card and be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor
- Register and attend an orientation session at one of our participating locations
- Agree to participate in surveys and other evaluations that will help BPL determine the merits of the program
- Agree to the program conditions listed on the online Loan