The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation assistance to families who earn $70,000 or less and individuals who earn $35,000 or less. This includes persons with disabilities, seniors and limited English speaking taxpayers who meet the income requirements and need assistance preparing their tax returns.
This service is offered by the Brooklyn College Koppelman School of Business in coordination with BPL.
Assistance will be available from February 15 through April 12, 2019.
Please bring the following required information:
• Picture Identification Card
• Social Security Card for taxpayer, spouse and all dependents claimed
• Voided Check if requesting direct deposit
• All income and expense statements (W2, 1099, SSI SSA, tuition statements, mortgage interest statements, student loan interest and all other tax documents)
• Last year’s federal and state income tax returns
The tax preparation takes place at the Meeting Room.