Learn to Speak, Read, Write & Understand English!
Free English Classes for adults 17 and older
Daytime, Evening and Saturday class schedules available.
Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes are for people who want to learn to speak, read, write and understand English:
- Classes are open to adults 17 and older
- All classes meet two days per week
- To join a class, attend a registration (registrations take place at different libraries)
- Participants will be evaluated and placed in a class
- Space is limited. Classes fill up quickly!
- Please do not bring children to registrations!
ESOL classes are supported by a generous grant from the New York State Education Department, Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services (ACCES).
The Young Adult Literacy Program is supported by a generous grant from the City of New York, Center for Economic Opportunity (CEO).