Learn to Speak, Read, Write & Understand English!
Free English Classes for adults 17 and older
Daytime, Evening and Saturday class schedules available.
Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes are for people who want to learn to speak, read, write and understand English:
- Classes are open to adults
- All classes meet two days per week (except Business English)
- To join a class, attend a registration (registrations take place at different libraries)
- Participants are evaluated for placement in an ESOL Civic class, ESOL Business English class or ESOL advance level class
- Space is limited. Classes fill up quickly!
- Please do not bring children to registrations!
This program is made possible through Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title II federal funds that support programs in Adult Literacy and English as a Second Language awarded through a competitive grant process administered by the New York State Education Department, Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services (ACCES).