The ConnectED Library Hotspot Loan Program is a collaborative program by New York Public Library, Brooklyn Public Library, Queens Public Library and Department of Education to provide thousands of NYC K12 students with free Internet access for the rest of the school year. This program addresses the needs of more than 1 in 5 New York City households who do not have home access to high-speed Internet services.
In order to participate in the Library Hotspot Loan Program, you must register for and attend a patron lending event and be prepared to present your BPL adult library card. In addition, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- be 18 years of age or older and a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in a New York City public school,
- or be 18 years of age or older and enrolled in a New York City public school,
- or be an emancipated minor enrolled in a New York City public school
- have a valid Brooklyn Public Library card
- have less than **$15 in fines on their library card
- have no internet access at home
*We have a limited number of Hotspot devices and you will need to register early to guarantee a device.
** If your library account was sent to collections, you must pay your fine in full and wait 24 hours to validate your card.
The mobile hotspot can be checked out on a patron’s account through the end of the school year. All devices are due back July 6th 2020 Please return the hotspot, charger and box by July 6th. The cost to replace the Library Hotspot device is $100. The late fee for each day the Library Hotspot is overdue is $1 per day.