The ConnectED Library Hotspot Loan Program is a collaborative program by New York Public Library, Brooklyn Public Library, and Queens Public Library and Department of Education to provide thousands NYC K-12 students with free Internet access for the rest of the school year. This program addresses the needs of more 1 in 5 New York City households who do not have home access to high speed Internet services.
In order to participate in the Library Hotspot loan Program, you must register* for and attend an orientation session. In addition, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a valid, adult library card (18+) that does not have internet access at home.
- Have a child in NYC public schools
- Have a valid library card** with less than $15 in fines
- Have no Internet access at home
- Agree to participate in surveys and other outcome based evaluations
- Agree to the online library Hotspot Loan Agreement
*We have a limited number of Hotspot devices and you will need to register early to guarantee a device.
** If your library account was sent to collections, you must pay your fine in full and wait 24 hours to validate your card.
The mobile hotspot can be checked out on a patron’s account until July 5, 2017. The cost to replace the Library Hotspot device is $100.00. The cost to replace the charger is $10.00. The late fee for each day the Library Hotspot is overdue is $1.00 per day.